Small Learning Communities: Benefits and Planning Consideration
This Informed Educator examines the use of small learning communities to address the disadvantages of large, comprehensive schools in a cost-effective manner. The different types of small learning communities are described, and the research on both small schools and small learning communities is discussed. This publication also addresses the issues that should be addressed while planning and implementing small learning communities, including common mistakes and problems that may arise during the process. 16 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Governmental Relations
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, FL
- Director, University of Chicago Laboratory Schools
- University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- EDUC-DEPUTY STATE SUPERINTENDENT
- Mississippi Department of Education, Jackson, MS
- Senior Practice Associate – K-12 Literacy
- The Education Trust, Washington, DC
- Open House
- Horace Mann School, Bronx, NY