Small Learning Communities: Benefits and Planning Consideration
This Informed Educator examines the use of small learning communities to address the disadvantages of large, comprehensive schools in a cost-effective manner. The different types of small learning communities are described, and the research on both small schools and small learning communities is discussed. This publication also addresses the issues that should be addressed while planning and implementing small learning communities, including common mistakes and problems that may arise during the process. 16 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal - Walnut Hills High School
- School Exec Connect, Cincinnati, OH
- Director of Partnerships
- World Savvy, Multiple Locations
- Coordinator of Elementary STEM
- 251 S. Prince St. Lancaster PA 17603, Lancaster, PA
- School Principal
- Redd School, Houston, TX
- St. Francis Catholic High School, Sacramento, CA