Learning from Leadership: Investigating the Links to Improved Student Learning
In Investigating the Links to Improved Student Learning, authors Kyla Walstrom, Karen Seashore Louis, Kenneth Leithwood, and Stephen Anderson discuss findings from the Learning from Leadership study. This study was designed to identify and describe successful educational leadership and to explain how such leadership at the school, district, and state levels can foster changes in professional practice that yield improvements in student learning. The report, commissioned by The Wallace Foundation and issued by the University of Minnesota Center for Applied Research and Educational Improvement and the University of Toronto Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, draws on research conducted over a 5-year period. This Informed Educator includes exerpts from an executive summary of the larger report. 12 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- St. Francis Catholic High School, Sacramento, CA
- Butler School District 53, Libertyville, IL
- High School Principal 12 Month Position
- School District of Osceola County, Florida, Multiple Locations
- Assistant State Superintendent of Early Childhood Development
- Maryland State Department of Education, Baltimore, MD
- Director of Partnerships
- World Savvy, Multiple Locations