Gaining Ground in the Middle School Grades: Why Some Schools Do Better
This Informed Educator draws content from several reports as well as a PowerPoint presentation that describes findings from a study conducted by EdSource and its research partners from Stanford University and the American Institutes for Research. The project - Gaining Ground in the Middle Grades: Why Some Schools Do Better - focused on identifying middle grades policies and practices that differentiate higher- from lower-performing schools. Although the study was conducted in California, the findings have important implications for middle grades education across the nation. 16 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- STEM Academy Engineering Teacher
- Lithia Springs High School, Lithia Springs, GA
- Head of School
- Rockwern Academy, OH
- Early Learning Policy Specialist
- City of Seattle, Seattle, WA
- Program Managers (Charter, Partner and New Schools)
- School District of Philadelphia, Phila, PA
- Licensed Teachers 7-12 **Now Offering $2,000 sign-on Payment**
- Youth Villages, Bartlett, TN