Implementing the Findings of Research: Bridging the Gap Between Knowledge and Practice
- Using Data and Research
Making effective use of the findings of research has long been a problem for school leaders. Research has demonstrated the effectiveness of a number of programs, approaches, and techniques, but the gap between what we know and what we are able to implement is a persistent difficulty in the schools. However, the practice and science of implementation has emerged to more reliably and effectively bridge this gap. This book provides a guide to the conceptual and practical knowledge principals, superintendents, and other school leaders need to implement evidence-based educational innovations.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal (18-19 SY)
- Indianapolis Public Schools, Indianapolis, IN
- Director, Instructional Resource Development, Advanced Placement (AP®) with WE Service Program
- WE Charity, New York, NY
- Special Education ELA Teacher, Gr. 9-12 (SY17-18)
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston, MA
- Chief Turnaround Officer (Georgia State Board of Education)
- National Association of State Boards of Education, Atlanta, GA
- Elementary Science Teacher
- Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School, Boston, MA