Developing and Using Instructional Rubrics
How do teachers decide on a grade for a student's piece of writing? What standards can be used to accurately evaluate student's work? Teachers are increasingly using rubrics to set criteria for grading and evaluation, to assess student learning, and to help students better understand the criteria against which they are being assessed. This Focus On discusses the importance of assessment to student learning, as well as the role rubrics can play in an effective assessment system. It then presents information about how to develop rubrics, how to evaluate them, and how to involve students in developing and using rubrics to further their own learning. As with all issues of Focus On it features helpful classroom practices and teaching techniques you can replicate, and a variety of different print and online resources you can turn to for additional information.
Bulk discount: Purchase 15 or more copies for $3.00 each (discount applied at checkout)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Birmingham, AL Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fai
- Birmingham City Schools, Birmingham, AL
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Seattle, Washington Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, WA
- Free Online K-12 STEM Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Boston, Massachusetts Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Milwaukee, Wisconsin SchoolsJoin Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI