Concerns in Education: Understanding and Using Education Statistics, 2nd Edition
- Using Data and Research
This popular publication provides easy-to-understand explanations of statistics concepts and uses examples from the current educational environment to demonstrate those concepts. Understanding, even being comfortable with using statistics is essential for today's K-12 educators. And using data to improve student achievement is critical to tackling the challenges of NCLB.
That's why this report on interpreting and using education statistics-written by well-known education author Dr. Gerald Bracey-couldn't be more timely or more relevant. This is not your typical college textbook on statistics. Rather, it is written for educators and will help you and your staff become better at routinely using statistics in your school improvement efforts. In it, Bracey provides concise explanations of statistical terms along with examples of how statistics can be, and often are, misused. Understanding and Using Education Statistics helps both novice and experienced practitioners alike become better consumers of statistics, better interpreters of data, and ultimately, better decision makers. 70 pages.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Classroom Teacher (General Teaching Pool)
- Cincinnati Public Schools, Cincinnati, OH
- TEACHERS NEEDED
- Polk County Schools, MULTIPLE LOCATIONS, FL
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Pinellas County Schools, Largo, FL
- Principal, Highland Springs High School
- Henrico County Public Schools, Henrico, VA
- Free Online K-12 Education Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US