Bringing the District Back In: The Role of the Central Office in Instruction and Achievement
- District Leadership
This resource examines the role of the central office in improving instruction and therefore improving student achievement. Mac Iver and Farley-Ripple provide a comprehensive review of the available research (since the 1970s) on the role of the central office in student achievement. First, they review the research chronologically, and then by study type: positive outlier studies, district case studies, and comparative district studies. After completing the review and synthesis of the research, the authors point to gaps in the research and outline implications for future exploration. 120 pages.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Sheboygan Area School District, Sheboygan, WI
- Math Instructor
- Cassadaga Job Corps Academy, Cassadaga, NY
- Open House
- Horace Mann School, Bronx, NY
- Saint Louis Public School Principal Positions
- Saint Louis Public Schools, Saint Louis, MO
- School Superintendent
- Ichabod Crane Central School District, Valatie, NY