The company acknowledges scanning the emails of Apps for Education users and faces allegations in a federal lawsuit that it built "surreptitious user profiles" for advertising purposes. (March 13, 2014)
Leaders to Learn From 2014
Geography is no barrier for students in the Lower Kuskokwim district, where Assistant Superintendent Dan Walker has expanded distance learning options, from digital photography to robotics. (March 13, 2014)
• Special Report New Directions in Assessment
Commentary: Madhabi Chatterji
In this Spotlight, see how formative assessments are being used to inform instruction, discover how video games assess noncognitive skills, and explore growth in the testing market. Download now for free.
State News and Resources
After a long career in the hospitality industry, Bertrand Weber has developed the recipe for creating cachet around school lunches and making them healthier for students.
Industry & Innovation
Guidance from the U.S. Department of Education comes amid a flurry of activity around student-data privacy, including recommendations from a leading technology trade group and proposed legislation in California. (March 4, 2014)
National Content Partners
Regional News Partners
Speaker Ferrandino pitches new higher ed funding formula (03/14 08:19 pm)
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Assistant Principal, Middle School
- Sidwell Friends School, Washington, DC
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Amityville Union Free School District, Amityville, NY
- Administrative Assistant
- AERO HYDROLIC INC, Chicago Heights, IL