Like thousands of unaccompanied immigrant children who've arrived in the country since last fall, David brings harsh memories, and his family’s hopes, as he starts middle school in the District of Columbia. (August 25, 2014)
COMMENTARY: Chester E. Finn Jr.
In 1951, John A. Stokes led a student protest against the poor conditions in his segregated high school in Prince Edward County, Va., and later became a plaintiff in a case that was decided as part of Brown v. Board.
A new organization billing itself as a "Consumer Reports for school materials" will soon begin posting online reviews of major textbooks and curricula that purport to align with the common-core standards. (August 15, 2014)
Industry & Innovation
National Content Partners
Teaching computer science — without touching a computer (08/27 06:00 am)
Regional News Partners
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Austin Independent School District, Austin, TX
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Wissahickon School District, PA