Rolling Out a 1-to-1 Program: Rochester City's Path
Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 2 to 3 p.m. ET
Note: No special equipment other than Internet access is needed to participate in any of our text-based chats. Participants may begin submitting questions the morning of the chat.
A true partnership between the chief academic and technology offices is critical to planning and implementing a successful 1-to-1 technology initiative. Aware of the minefields that can await school systems as they transition to digital programs, the Rochester City School District has created a working group of key stakeholders who make decisions about devices, textbooks —or tech-books— professional development for teachers and principals, and other key areas that will have an impact on the program.
Hear district Chief Information Technology Officer AnnMarie Lehner and Chief of Curriculum and School Programs Jennifer Gkourlias discuss how the two departments are collaborating.
AnnMarie Lehner, information technology officer, Rochester City School District, Rochester, N.Y.
Jennifer Gkourlias, chief of curriculum and school programs, Rochester City School District, Rochester, N.Y.
Denisa R. Superville, staff writer, Education Week
All questions are screened by an edweek.org editor prior to posting. A question is not displayed until the moderator poses it to the guest(s). Due to the volume of questions received, we cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered, or answered in the order of submission. Guests and hosts may decline to answer any questions. Concise questions are strongly encouraged.
Please be sure to include your name when posting your question.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Deputy Superintendent for School Administration
- Birmingham Public Schools, Beverly Hills, MI
- Advanced Placement English Instructor
- Gaylord Community Schools, Gaylord, MI
- Early Childhood Lead Teachers & Teachers
- La Petite Academy, Multiple Locations
- Teachers Needed - All Academic Subject Areas
- Broward County Public Schools, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Learning Disabilities Special Education Teacher
- Stevens Point Area Public School District, WI