Liana Heitin is the associate editor of Education Week Teacher and a contributing writer for Education Week. She specializes in teacher policy and instructional issues and is co-author of the blog Teaching Now.
Send an email to Liana Heitin.
December 3, 2013 - Education Week (Web)A new set of international achievement data in math, reading, and science shows that U.S. scores remained flat since 2009, while some other nations posted gains. Use this interactive to explore the test data and compare scores by subject and year.
December 3, 2013 - Education WeekA fresh round of global test data shows students in more countries outperform U.S. 15-year-olds in math, reading, and science compared with 2009 results.
November 5, 2013 - Education WeekStates' teacher-evaluation policies have become increasingly stringent over the past few years, according to the National Council on Teacher Quality.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
Most Popular Stories
- Upper School Principal
- Gulliver Schools, Pinecrest, FL
- Assistant Superintendent, Curriculum & Instruction
- Holmdel Township School District, Holmdel, NJ
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD