About this series: The federal government is betting nearly a billion dollars a year that using a more explicit and systematic approach to reading instruction will improve student achievement. In this two-part series researched over the past year, Education Week found that officials are putting their faith in a select group of scholars, a small body of research, and a handful of commercial products to get the job done.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal - Elementary, Middle, & High
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA
- Associate Director, Research and Assessment
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), Alexandria, VA
- Assistant Principal
- The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, DC, DC
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- KSTF, Moorestown, NJ
- Westport Public Schools, Westport, CT