Classroom measures known as formative assessments have a purpose distinct from that of end-of-year state tests. Used during instruction, they aim to provide feedback so that teachers and students can adjust what happens next in classrooms and improve the quality of teaching and learning as it’s going on.
“Testing to Teach: Using Assessment to Shape Instruction” takes a close look at a handful of formative-assessment programs to provide a sense of what such measures look like in practice.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Officer of Information and Instruction Technology
- Marana Unified School District, Marana, AZ
- Executive Director
- MD Retired School Personnel, MD
- Head of School - Rindge Avenue Upper School
- Cambridge Public Schools, Cambridge, MA
- Operations Associate, Alumni and Network Services
- The Broad Center, Multiple Locations
- Managing Director, Alumni and Network Services
- The Broad Center, Century City, CA