Classroom measures known as formative assessments have a purpose distinct from that of end-of-year state tests. Used during instruction, they aim to provide feedback so that teachers and students can adjust what happens next in classrooms and improve the quality of teaching and learning as it’s going on.
“Testing to Teach: Using Assessment to Shape Instruction” takes a close look at a handful of formative-assessment programs to provide a sense of what such measures look like in practice.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal - Tamalpais High School
- Tamalpais Union High School District, Mill Valley, CA
- Vice President for Education
- The Possible Project, Cambridge, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- St. Johns County Public Schools, Saint Augustine, FL
- Executive Principal of The Academies of Shakopee High School
- Shakopee Public Schools, Shakopee, MN
- Spanish Dual Immersion 7th Grade ( Language Arts / Social Studies ) Teacher
- Burlingame School District, Burlingame, CA