Reimagining College Admissions:
As educators and parents prepare high school students to navigate the college transition, four thought leaders, in a collection of Commentaries, unpack the hot-button issues that surround the pathway to higher education.
The essays take a close look at the student-debt crisis, the hidden influence of the NCAA on high schools, the "cult of perfection" weighing on college applicants, and new efforts to refocus admissions priorities entirely.
In a new report from Harvard University, Ivy League admissions deans and others rethink what matters in prospective students, writes Richard Weissbourd, a senior lecturer at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. (Jan. 19, 2016)
To slow skyrocketing higher education debt, colleges and universities must have "skin" in the student-loan game, writes Donald M. Feuerstein, a former adviser to the U.S. Department of Education. (Jan. 19, 2016)
The NCAA's onerous eligibility requirements for student-athletes has a stranglehold on precollegiate schooling, writes James Lytle, an adjunct practice professor at the University of Pennsylvania’s graduate school of education. (Jan. 19, 2016)
When it comes to college applications, students should reject the "cult of perfection" and embrace their frailties, writes former high school English teacher Florina Rodov. (Jan. 19, 2016)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Charlottesville, Virginia Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Albemarle County Public Schools, Charlottesville, VA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Boston, Massachusetts Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Milwaukee, Wisconsin SchoolsJoin Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Seattle, Washington Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, WA
- Free Online K-12 STEM Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US