Links in Education Week: August 22, 2012
- The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium recently released sample test items for the common assessments:
Sample items for the English/language arts exams:
• 5th grade selected-response item
• 6th grade sample task
• 11th grade constructed-response item
Sample item for math exams:
• 6th grade sample math performance task
- The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for Colleges and Careers released sample items as well.
- "Opportunities Suspended: The Disparate Impact of Disciplinary Exclusion From School" is by the Civil Rights Project/Proyecto Derechos Civiles at the University of California-Los Angeles.
- "Can Value-Added Be Applied to Teacher Preparation? Scholars Weigh In" (Teacher Beat Blog, August 9, 2012) gives an overview of recent studies on the "value added" method and teacher preparation.
Vol. 32, Issue 01