Links in Education Week: April 25, 2012
- "Kept Out: Barriers to Meaningful Education in the School-to-Prison Pipeline" is by the Georgetown Law Human Rights Institute.
- "The Aftermath of Accelerating Algebra: Evidence from a District Policy Initiative" is by Duke University.
- "Contrasting State-of-the-Art Automated Scoring of Essays: Analysis" is by the The University of Akron.
- The first phase of a competition for federal Head Start dollars opened last week for dozens of current and prospective providers.
SPECIAL REPORT: MATH, LITERACY, & COMMON STANDARDS
- Schools in Kenton County, Ky., are among those using resources created by the Literacy Design Collaborative to implement elements of the Common Core English/language arts standards.
Vol. 31, Issue 29