Links in Education Week: September 28, 2011
- "Screen-Capture Instructional Technology: A Cognitive Tool for Blended Multimedia Learning" is by Saint Mary's College of California.
- "Clickers Used to Teach Physics at Harvard" is by Harvard University.
- Numerous examples of online lessons and videos can be found at the Khan Academy.
- For a longer version of this article, read "Philadelphia School Commission Chairman Steps Down" (District Dossier Blog).
- Comcast's Internet Essentials program came in response to the FCC’s call for Internet providers to offer cheaper access to disadvantaged and underserved students.
- The Digital Promise center was created by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Massachusetts Commissioner of Education Mitchell D. Chester released a memo spelling out his department’s timeline for review of ELL programs.
- The U.S. Department of Justice released its letter to Massachusetts on July 22.
Vol. 31, Issue 05