Links in Education Week: October 27, 2010
- "Brain Mechanisms in Early Language Acquisition" and "Neural Substrates of Language Acquisition" are by the University of Washington's Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences.
- "Language Selection in Bilingual Speech: Evidence for Inhibitory Processes" and "Speech Segmentation in a Simulated Bilingual Environment: A Challenge for Statistical Learning?" are by Pennsylvania State University's Center for Language Science.
- "Efficacy of Schoolwide Programs to Promote Social and Character Development and Reduce Problem Behavior in Elementary School Children" is by the Institute of Education Sciences.
- "Now What? Imperatives & Options for 'Common Core' Implementation & Governance" is by the Thomas B. Fordham Institute.
- "Repeated testing produces superior transfer of learning relative to repeated studying" can be found in the latest edition of the Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition.
- "Minorities in Higher Education 2010;Twenty-Fourth Status Report" is by the American Council on Education.
Vol. 30, Issue 09