Links in Education Week: July 16, 2008
This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in this issue of Education Week. The headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links below them will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
• "A Framework for Academic Quality: A Report From the National Consensus Panel on Charter School Academic Quality" is available from the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools.
• "Building on the Basics: The Impact of High-Stakes Testing on Student Proficiency in Low- Stakes Subjects" is available from the Manhattan Institute.
• “A Developmental Perspective on Full-Day vs. Part-Day Kindergarten and Children’s Academic Trajectories Through Fifth Grade” is available from the Society for Research in Child Development.
• “The Role of Schools in the English-Language-Learner Achievement Gap” is available from the Pew Hispanic Center.
• “WWC Intervention Report: Accelerated Middle Schools” is available from the What Works Clearinghouse.
• "The National Indian Education Study 2007: Part II" is available from the National Center for Education Statistics.
• "Strategic Designs: Lessons From Leading Edge Small Urban High Schools" is available from Education Resource Strategies.
• "The Effects of Background Television on the Toy Play Behavior of Very Young Children" is available from the Society for Research in Child Development.
• "Bureau of Indian Education Schools: Improving Interior's Assistance Would Help Some Tribal Groups Implement Academic Accountability Systems" is available from the Government Accountability Office.
• "Narrowing the Gap in New York City Teacher Qualifications and Its Implications for Student Achievement in High-Poverty Schools" is available from the National Bureau of Economic Research.
• "Leveling Up: Narrowing the Teacher Academic Capital Gap in Illinois" is available from the Illinois Education Research Council.
• "Evaluating Online Learning: Challenges and Strategies for Success" is available from the U.S. Department of Education.
• "The Biennial Report to Congress on The Implementation of the Title III State Formula Grant Program" is available from the U.S. Department of Education.
• "Strategies for Improving Out of School Programs in Rural Communities" is available from Child Trends.
• "National Board Certification and Teacher Effectiveness: Evidence From a Random Assignment Experiment" is available from Project for Policy Innovation in Education.
Vol. 27, Issue 43