Links in Education Week: Mar. 5, 2008
Voluntary Online-Teaching Standards Come Amid Concerns Over Quality
• Read the NACOL standards developed by the North American Council for Online Learning.
Project on Milwaukee Vouchers Shares Baseline Findings
• Read the findings of new research conducted by the School Choice Demonstration Project, based at the University of Arkansas Department of Education Reform.
New Group Formed to Promote Liberal Arts Curriculum
• Read the report published by Common Core.
Less Improvement Seen in Secondary Schools Using TAP
• Read "Impact of the Teacher Advancement Program on Student Test Score Gains: Findings From an Independent Appraisal" published by the National Center on Performance Incentives.
Family Risk Factors Seen Contributing to Chronic Absence
• Read "The Influence of Maternal and Family Risk on Chronic Absenteeism in Early Schooling" presented by the National Center for Children in Poverty.
Vol. 27, Issue 26