Links in Education Week: Aug. 29, 2007
NCLB ‘Highly Qualified’ Rules for Teachers Seen as Ineffective:
• "Implementing the No Child Left Behind Teacher Requirements" is available from the Center on Education Policy.
Federal Reading Review Overlooks Popular Texts
• "Beginning Reading" is posted by the What Works Clearinghouse.
Poll Finds Rise in Unfavorable Views of NCLB
• "The 39th Annual Phi Delta Kappa/Gallup Poll of the Public's Attitudes Toward the Public Schools" is posted by Phi Delta Kappa International.
Pittsburgh Building ‘Nation’ of 9th Graders
• Get more information about the Excel.9-12 program from the Pittsburgh Public Schools.
• "What Matters for Staying On-Track and Graduating in Chicago Public Schools" is posted by the Consortium on Chicago School Research at the University of Chicago.
Vol. 27, Issue 1