Daley Names Interim Superintendent for Chicago Schools
Chicago Mayor Richard Daley has picked an interim schools chief to serve until the next mayor takes over.
Daley on Tuesday named Terry Mazany to the post. Mazany will be on loan to the city from his job as head of the Chicago Community Trust, a grant-making foundation.
Mazany has education experience. He replaces outgoing Chicago Public Schools CEO Ron Huberman, who resigned and is leaving the job at the end of the month.
The city will pay Mazany a salary of $1. The trust will continue to pay his salary while he's on assignment at the schools.
A new mayor takes over in May for Daley, who didn't run for re-election.
Vol. 30, Issue 13
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY