This Education Week special report is the latest installment in an ongoing series about online education. These stories examine the opportunities and persistent questions that surround schools' and districts' implementation of blended learning, the widely used instructional approach that combines technology-based instruction with traditional, face-to-face lessons.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Feb. 13, 2014, 1 p.m. ET:
Blending Math Instruction for Elementary Grades
The idea of blended learning—combining digital curricula and tools with face-to-face instruction—for elementary grades is becoming more popular and educators are finding that it works particularly well in mathematics. Expert guests will describe approaches for implementing those classroom models.
- Captain Shreve High School, Shreveport, LA
- Superintendent, Minneapolis Public Schools
- Minneapolis Public Schools, Minneapolis, MN
- Head of School
- Montessori Center School, Goleta, CA
- Primary Teacher: ADEC, Abu Dhabi Government Schools - Jan '16
- Edvectus, Abu Dhabi, Ab, United Arab Emirates
- Superintendent of Schools
- Merrillville Community School Corporation, Merrillville, IN