This Education Week special report is the latest installment in an ongoing series about online education. These stories examine the opportunities and persistent questions that surround schools' and districts' implementation of blended learning, the widely used instructional approach that combines technology-based instruction with traditional, face-to-face lessons.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Feb. 13, 2014, 1 p.m. ET:
Blending Math Instruction for Elementary Grades
The idea of blended learning—combining digital curricula and tools with face-to-face instruction—for elementary grades is becoming more popular and educators are finding that it works particularly well in mathematics. Expert guests will describe approaches for implementing those classroom models.
- Health Science Teacher 2016-2017
- Birmingham City Schools, Birmingham, AL
- Vice President for Education
- The Possible Project, Cambridge, MA
- Area Superintendent - Central Learning Community
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA
- Fairfield Public Schools, Fairfield, CT
- Quarrybrook, Windham, NH