EPA honors Va. teacher for environmental education
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A Cumberland County teacher is being honored for innovations in environmental education.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency said Wednesday that Cumberland County High School and Middle School teacher Angela Whittaker has been awarded the Presidential Innovation Award for Environmental Educators.
Whittaker is one of 17 teachers across the nation who received the award.
The EPA says in a news release that Whittaker has created programs and courses to give students interactive experiences in energy, land use, and sustainable development, and to foster environmentalism.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC