News in Brief
ACLU in Mass. Challenges District's iPad Policy
The Massachusetts chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union has filed a complaint with state education officials over what it calls a discriminatory policy regarding iPad use in a school district.
According to the ACLU, the Mendon-Upton district allows only low-income middle school students to take school-provided iPads home with them, while the rest of the students can only use the school iPads in school or buy their own.
The ACLU claims the policy is in violation of state law because it does not provide all students with equal access to educational resources.
Vol. 34, Issue 02, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh