Maryland School Assessment scores fall
BALTIMORE (AP) — Maryland education officials say students' scores on a statewide reading and math test made an expected drop across the board as the state transitions to new national learning standards.
Education officials on Friday released the results of the Maryland School Assessment, the annual statewide test. Schools in the state began implementing the Common Core State Standards in reading and math two school years ago, but a new assessment test designed to evaluate what students have learned is not yet being used statewide.
This is the final year the Maryland School Assessment will be used. It will be replaced in the 2014-2015 school year by the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers assessments, which are aligned to the Common Core.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA