News in Brief
KIPP Wins Broad Prize For Charter Schools
The KIPP school network is the winner of this year's third annual Broad Prize for Public Charter Schools, besting two other well-known charter networks, Achievement First and Idea Public Schools. The winner was announced last week.
The award honors charter systems in urban areas that are improving performance and closing achievement gaps between minority and low-income students and their white or higher-income peers. To the victor goes $250,000 to spend on college-readiness efforts for its students, such as scholarships and campus visits.
KIPP, or the Knowledge Is Power Program, plans to share the award with the other two finalists to create a scholarship fund.
Vol. 33, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN