East Chicago canceling school's bus parking lease
EAST CHICAGO, Ind. (AP) — East Chicago officials say they're canceling the local school district's lease to use a municipal bus barn because the district owes the city nearly $1 million for bus parking.
A letter from the city's law department dated June 3 says the lease allowing School City of East Chicago's 37 buses to use the bus barn will be canceled July 3.
That letter also says East Chicago will no longer supply gasoline to the district starting on the same date.
East Chicago School Board President Jesse Gomez tells The Times of Munster (http://bit.ly/1ma5sHV ) the district owes the city $966,000 on its long-term bus parking lease and is "trying to find the right way" to address the situation.
He says the district's cost of renting the bus barn is $42,000 a month.
Information from: The Times, http://www.thetimesonline.com
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA