"More Than a Number"
The number of names on charter schools' waiting lists rose by 13 percent in the 2013-14 school year, an increase that shows the continued demand for access to high-quality public education, according to a report by the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools.
In the 2013-14 school year, 1.04 million student names were on the waiting lists, compared with 920,007 the previous year.
When duplicated names were removed from the lists, the number of individual student names dropped to 586,511, up from 523,335 the previous year. The longest lists were in New York state, California, and Texas, the group says.
Vol. 33, Issue 31, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL