News in Brief
Political Support for the Common Core
Two new polls show different levels of support for the Common Core State Standards based on political-party affiliation and political viewpoint. A poll released by the University of Connecticut finds much stronger support for the common core among Democrats and liberals than among Republicans and conservatives. It was based on a telephone survey of about 1,000 randomly selected adults. The second poll was conducted by Republican strategist and pollster John McLaughlin. It was based on an online survey of about 1,000 likely general-election voters, and on an oversampling of 500 Republican primary voters and 500 swing voters.
Vol. 33, Issue 31, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, VA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Blended High School Principal in NC
- Rocky Mount Prep, Rocky Mount, NC
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR