News in Brief
At Largest Cyber Charter in Pa., Teachers Unionize
Teachers at the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School, the largest of its kind in the state, have voted to unionize.
The teachers voted 71-34 to form a bargaining unit. The National Labor Relations Board must certify the vote before the Pennsylvania State Education Association can begin bargaining on behalf of the teachers.
The school, also known as PA Cyber, is based in Midland in Beaver County. The public K-12 school has 115 teachers and draws more than 11,000 students from districts across the state.
PA Cyber officers said they are going to bargain in good faith.
Vol. 33, Issue 29, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh