News in Brief
Startups in Education Set Record in Raising Money
It's already been a banner year for ed-tech startups.
Ninety-nine startups in education have raised more than $500 million, a record in the past five years, according to TechCrunch, citing statistics from its database of technology companies, people, and investors.
That compares with 20 companies raising more than $64 million during the same period five years ago. However, it's not the greatest number of companies to be funded in a given quarter. Over the past five years, that happened in the second quarter of 2013, when 120 companies raised a total of $319 million.
Vol. 33, Issue 28, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Kindergarten teacher
- Saint Sophia School, Holladay, UT
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Deputy Chief Academic Supports Officer
- School District of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA