News in Brief
Startups in Education Set Record in Raising Money
It's already been a banner year for ed-tech startups.
Ninety-nine startups in education have raised more than $500 million, a record in the past five years, according to TechCrunch, citing statistics from its database of technology companies, people, and investors.
That compares with 20 companies raising more than $64 million during the same period five years ago. However, it's not the greatest number of companies to be funded in a given quarter. Over the past five years, that happened in the second quarter of 2013, when 120 companies raised a total of $319 million.
Vol. 33, Issue 28, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- K12 Teacher
- Cuixmala School, Mexico
- Invitation to Teaching Professionals to Score edTPA
- Pearson, US
- Professional Development Specialist
- Center for Applied Linguistics, Washington, DC
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN