State of the States
Gov. Bobby Jindal (R)
Date of Speech: March 10
In his opening speech to the 2014 legislature in Louisiana, Gov. Jindal said state spending on higher education would increase by more than $141 million, or about 5.5 percent, next year under his budget proposal for 2014-15. The higher education budget for the current fiscal year totals $2.6 billion. According to Mr. Jindal, the increase will include $40 million for a "higher education workforce incentive initiative."
The governor also praised the state for implementing "one of the nation's largest school choice systems" and for bringing high school graduation rates to an "all-time high."
Watch the Full Address
Vol. 33, Issue 26, Page 31
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations