"Charter School Performance in Los Angeles"
The latest of a series of reports by a Stanford University research center has found that Los Angeles charter schools are outperforming charters in California and also nationwide. The city's charter school students are also making slightly more academic growth than their peers in local regular public schools.
The study, released this month by the Center for Research on Education Outcomes, examined reading and math assessment results for students in grades 2-11 from 2008 through 2012. Overall, the study found that 48 percent of Los Angeles charters outperformed regular public schools in reading and 44 percent outperformed regular public schools in math. The center credited "strong authorizing coupled with focused school operations" for the positive Los Angeles results.
Vol. 33, Issue 26, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh