News in Brief
Nebraska Working to Correct State Assessment Problem
Nebraska officials say they have pinpointed the source of technical problems that hampered statewide writing tests earlier this year.
About 500 students lost work, and 1,000 were shut out or kicked off the program for 40 minutes. Those students represent a little more than 3 percent of the state's 44,000 8th and 11th graders tested over a three-week period in January and February.
Officials say they intend to fix the problems before students take statewide reading, math, and science tests this spring.
Vol. 33, Issue 24, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- ISS iFair
- International Schools Services, US
- Teaching and Learning Specialist
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Montgomery, AL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Enrollment Ombudsman
- Hempstead Union Free School District, Long Island, NY
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA