State of the States
State of the States: Massachusetts
Gov. Deval Patrick (D)
Date of Speech: Jan. 28
Education is "the single best way to prepare our people for work and for life," Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick said in his State of the Commonwealth address as he reaffirmed his commitment to schools.
Massachusetts leads the country in student achievement, Mr. Patrick said, but some of its students "remain stuck in achievement gaps."
"Let's make quality early education and all-day kindergarten available to more young children," Mr. Patrick said. "Let's keep lifting higher our strong public schools and keep strengthening our weaker ones. And let's give our public colleges and universities the resources they need to freeze tuition and fees once again. Let's keep going." He did not outline any specific education policy initiatives or make budget recommendations, however.
Watch the Full Address
Vol. 33, Issue 21, Page 24
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- T3 Teacher Leader
- Teach Plus, Multiple Locations
- Plainfield Director of Special Services
- New England School Development Council, Meriden, NH
- Supervisor, Secondary Literacy Instruction
- Montgomery County Public Schools, MD