State of the States
State of the States: Maryland
Gov. Martin O'Malley (D)
Date of Speech: Jan. 23
In his final State of the State address after two terms in office, Gov. O'Malley focused on economic and health-care issues, but also pledged to help spearhead an effort to expand universal preschool education.
Gov. O'Malley used his half-hour speech to state lawmakers largely to look back on his accomplishments, including making "critical investments" in K-12 schools. He also listed as priorities delivering technology to more teachers to help them personalize learning for students, and building up career-technical and dual-enrollment programs.
The Democratic chief executive said he aims for "a day when every high school student in Maryland will graduate with a modern technical skill and a year of college credit already earned."
Watch the Full Address
Vol. 33, Issue 20, Page 20
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH