State of the States
State of the States: Maryland
Gov. Martin O'Malley (D)
Date of Speech: Jan. 23
In his final State of the State address after two terms in office, Gov. O'Malley focused on economic and health-care issues, but also pledged to help spearhead an effort to expand universal preschool education.
Gov. O'Malley used his half-hour speech to state lawmakers largely to look back on his accomplishments, including making "critical investments" in K-12 schools. He also listed as priorities delivering technology to more teachers to help them personalize learning for students, and building up career-technical and dual-enrollment programs.
The Democratic chief executive said he aims for "a day when every high school student in Maryland will graduate with a modern technical skill and a year of college credit already earned."
Watch the Full Address
Vol. 33, Issue 20, Page 20
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY