"Learning at Home: Families' Eductional Media Use in America"
Most parents believe that the amount of creative and quality educational media on mobile devices is lacking, especially for older children, according to a new national survey.
The survey from the New York-based Joan Ganz Cooney Center involved more than 1,500 parents of children ages 2 to 10. Parents said the educational value of media both television and mobile devices drops significantly for older children. The share of screen time devoted to educational content declines from 78 percent for 2- to 4-year-olds to 27 percent for 8- to 10-year-olds.
Vol. 33, Issue 20, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA