"Learning at Home: Families' Eductional Media Use in America"
Most parents believe that the amount of creative and quality educational media on mobile devices is lacking, especially for older children, according to a new national survey.
The survey from the New York-based Joan Ganz Cooney Center involved more than 1,500 parents of children ages 2 to 10. Parents said the educational value of media both television and mobile devices drops significantly for older children. The share of screen time devoted to educational content declines from 78 percent for 2- to 4-year-olds to 27 percent for 8- to 10-year-olds.
Vol. 33, Issue 20, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Austin Independent School District, Austin, TX
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC