Public School Choice
"Replicating Quality: Policy Recommendations to Support the Replication and Growth of High-Performing Charter Schools and Networks"
To spur the growth of high-performing charter schools and lower the number of underperforming charters, state lawmakers should pass laws that differentiate charter school governance based on their academic and financial performance, says a new report from the National Association of Charter School Authorizers and the Charter School Growth Fund.
The report, written by Public Impact—a North Carolina consulting firm—offers 10 policy recommendations to improve the quality of charter schools.
Besides calling for differentiated oversight, the report recommends ways to build capacity for and support high-performing charter schools and networks, facilitate the replication of high-performing charter schools and networks, and accelerate the closure of underperforming charter schools.
Vol. 33, Issue 20, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH