News in Brief
CEOs Urge Federal Officials to Overhaul E-Rate
Industries from across the United States are taking a stronger interest in improving schools' Web connectivity, as evidenced by an open letter released last week from some 50 CEOs that urges federal officials to bring significant changes to the E-rate program.
The letter is directed at Tom Wheeler, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, which oversees the E-rate. FCC officials and President Barack Obama support modernizing the E-rate.
Signatories include Michael Dell of Dell Inc., Craig Kallman of Atlantic Records, John Donahue of Ebay, Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Reed Hastings of Netflix, and filmmaker George Lucas of the George Lucas Educational Foundation.
Vol. 33, Issue 20, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA