News in Brief
CEOs Urge Federal Officials to Overhaul E-Rate
Industries from across the United States are taking a stronger interest in improving schools' Web connectivity, as evidenced by an open letter released last week from some 50 CEOs that urges federal officials to bring significant changes to the E-rate program.
The letter is directed at Tom Wheeler, the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, which oversees the E-rate. FCC officials and President Barack Obama support modernizing the E-rate.
Signatories include Michael Dell of Dell Inc., Craig Kallman of Atlantic Records, John Donahue of Ebay, Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Reed Hastings of Netflix, and filmmaker George Lucas of the George Lucas Educational Foundation.
Vol. 33, Issue 20, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY