State of the States
State of the States: Rhode Island
Gov. Lincoln Chafee (I)
Date of Speech: Jan. 15
In his State of the State address, Gov. Lincoln Chafee pledged to continue investing in education, proposing an additional $38 million for fiscal 2015 through the state's K-12 funding formula.
All told, the governor's budget requests more than $1.2 billion in education spending on K-12 and higher education, including money to enable a freeze in tuition at the three state higher education institutions.
"There is no better or smarter investment we can make," he said of education funding. "It will pay dividends and help close an equality gap that threatens our future."
Vol. 33, Issue 18, Page 21
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD