State of the States
State of the States: Arizona
Gov. Janice K. Brewer (R)
Date of Speech: Jan. 13
In her fifth State of the State address, Gov. Brewer introduced policy proposals that include her bid to revive a plan she unveiled last year to overhaul the K-12 formula for state aid.
Saying she wants to reward "innovation and measured outcomes," Ms. Brewer said she would push for legislative approval of "Student Success Funding," which calls for assigning dollar amounts to individual students based on their performance and improvement on Arizona's achievement tests. School districts and charter schools would receive more money for students who perform well on the tests and demonstrate the most growth.
The governor also called for new policies to stabilize tuition increases at Arizona's public colleges and universities.
Watch the Full Address
Vol. 33, Issue 18, Page 20
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ