News in Brief
'Parent Trigger' Critics Charged With Vandalism
Two of the most vocal opponents of the nation's first "parent trigger" school have been charged with vandalizing one of the Adelanto, Calif., school's classrooms, causing $8,000 in damages.
Chrissy Guzman and Lori Yuan, the chairwoman of the Adelanto Planning Commission, are scheduled to be arraigned in Victorville Superior Court on Jan. 13 and could face up to three years in county jail, according to local media reports. The pair allegedly vandalized Desert Trails Elementary School at the end of June, just days before a private charter school operator took it over.
Vol. 33, Issue 17, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH