News in Brief
Matthew Blomstedt was chosen as Nebraska's new education commissioner, effective Jan. 2.
He previously served as the executive director of the Nebraska Educational Service Unit Coordinating Council and the head of the Nebraska Rural Community Schools Association. He also worked for the state legislature's education committee.
Mr. Blomstedt replaces Roger Breed, who retired last year.
Vol. 33, Issue 15, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Summer Math Curriculum Development Associate (3): Grades K-2; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY
- Young Scholars Program Director
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- District Superintendent
- Department of Defense Education Activity, Seoul, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of
- Lower School Principal
- St. Mary's Academy, Englewood, CO
- Herricks School District, New Hyde Park, NY