News in Brief
Ed-Tech Revenue Grows in P-12 Market
Educational software and digital content sold in the P-12 market accounted for $7.97 billion in company revenues in 2011-12, according to survey results released by the Software and Information Industry Association's education division.
That amount represents a 2.7 percent increase from the $7.76 billion reported in 2010-11, according to Consulting Services for Education Inc., the Newton, Mass.-based firm that conducted the study on behalf of the SIIA.
Sectors that are growing dramatically are instructional support and assessments, which increased more than 30 percent year over year, and pre-K, which jumped from zero in reported revenues to $14 million. At the same time, sellers of administrative tools, such as human resources and IT platforms for schools, reported revenues that indicated a one-third decline.
Vol. 33, Issue 15, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Science Teacher - Grade 7
- CAMBRIDGE SCHOOL DEPARTMENT, Cambridge, MA
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA
- High School Principal, Chicago Public Schools
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Invitation to Teaching Professionals to Score edTPA
- Pearson, US
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC