News in Brief
Popularity of Charter Schools Grows in California
California added 104 charter schools to its roster this year, including 19 in Los Angeles, but it still has some 50,000 students on waiting lists for the campuses, according to a report released last week.
In its annual update, the California Charter Schools Association said enrollment statewide jumped 10 percent, to 519,000 students, as the number of charters grew to 1,130, the most of any state.
The region that includes Los Angeles, Ventura, and Santa Barbara counties added 45 campuses, the most of any area in California.
Vol. 33, Issue 12, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer
- Northwest Evaluation Association, OR
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV