News in Brief
Ore. Elementary Charters Found Lacking in Diversity
The six least-diverse Oregon elementary schools all are charter schools, according to a new state education department analysis. They have the fewest low-income students, students who speak English as a second language, and students who are black, Latino, Pacific Islander, or Native American.
Four of those six schools registered top-tier performance on this year's school report cards.
Rather than being assigned to a charter school based on where they live, families have to apply, be admitted by lottery if there are too many applicants, and provide their own transportation to the school.
Vol. 33, Issue 09, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO