News in Brief
Ore. Elementary Charters Found Lacking in Diversity
The six least-diverse Oregon elementary schools all are charter schools, according to a new state education department analysis. They have the fewest low-income students, students who speak English as a second language, and students who are black, Latino, Pacific Islander, or Native American.
Four of those six schools registered top-tier performance on this year's school report cards.
Rather than being assigned to a charter school based on where they live, families have to apply, be admitted by lottery if there are too many applicants, and provide their own transportation to the school.
Vol. 33, Issue 09, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Assistant Principal - Drake High School
- Tamalpais Union High School District, San Anselmo, CA
- K-12 Teaching Jobs, Available Nationwide
- CS&A, US
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Part-time AP class instructors - remote
- Ascendant Institute, US
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Wayne, PA