Charter-Campaign Aftershocks Continue
Mojave Desert communities seek to move beyond controversy
West Creek Elementary School is quietly trying to forge its own path, free from the national spotlight and controversy that dogged its new principal in his last post.
David Mobley was the principal at Desert Trails Elementary School in the neighboring city of Adelanto for less than two years before parents there successfully petitioned to hand the school over to a charter operator, under California's parent-trigger law.
"We have a great little school here," Mr. Mobley said recently, as he walked around the campus of West Creek, also part of the Adelanto School District. "But the pressure doesn't change, to be honest. The pressure is: Are we doing the right...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY