News in Brief
Jim Rier, a 10-year veteran of the state education department in Maine, last week was appointed the agency's acting commissioner. He has been overseeing day-to-day operations at the department since the resignation last month of Commissioner Stephen Bowen, who took a job with the Council of Chief State School Officers. Mr. Rier started with the department as its director of finance and operations and was named deputy commissioner in 2011.
Vol. 33, Issue 08, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Rockridge Community Unit School District #300
- Rockridge Community Unit School District #300, Taylor Ridge, IL
- Supervisor of Mathematics
- Quakertown Community School District, PA
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Deputy Superintendent of Education Support
- West Virginia Department of Education, Charleston, WV