News in Brief
Jim Rier, a 10-year veteran of the state education department in Maine, last week was appointed the agency's acting commissioner. He has been overseeing day-to-day operations at the department since the resignation last month of Commissioner Stephen Bowen, who took a job with the Council of Chief State School Officers. Mr. Rier started with the department as its director of finance and operations and was named deputy commissioner in 2011.
Vol. 33, Issue 08, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR