"School Choice and School Performance in the New York City Public Schools—Will the Past Be Prologue?"
A report on New York City schools draws a link between improvements in student achievement and the district's growing charter school sector.
Since New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg took office in 2002, the number of charter schools in the district has grown to 159 from 22, and about 60 new regular public schools have opened each year, finds the report by the Brown Center on Education at the Brooking Institution, in Washington.
Vol. 33, Issue 08, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations